Seven weeks already?
I can’t
believe it’s already the last week of our module on Digital Business Models. At
the beginning, I was reluctant to use blogging as part of our assessments. As
mentioned in my introductory post, at 14 I have been victim of identity theft, and this crime is unfortunately not recognised by the law in Switzerland.
However by writing this final assignment, I can see the evolution of my digital
behaviour.
ROLES CHANGES
Firstly I
chose to talk about travel agent, a job that I am very familiar with (I have a degree in
tourism). I was surprised to see that
Lisanne made the same choice, and by commenting on her post and on mine, I realized how much the experience of
someone shapes his perspective, and, thanks to our discussion, I even learned
new concepts such as the filter bubble.
OPERATING IN BOTH DIGITAL & PHYSICAL WORLDS
The first
summative exercise is the one where I was able to concretely apply the theory
we were covering so far, as I used
my father’s company. But also by interacting with Isil on her business, I had the opportunity to
apply the concepts we covered beyond the contexts mentioned through our course.
Moreover commenting on Gayle’s post has pushed further my reflexion around a brand, in
this case M.A.C, I have asked myself some questions, such as the possible use
of Augmented Reality in the make-up industry, that I wouldn’t have think about
otherwise.
DIGITAL BUSINESS MODEL SUCCESS
When I read my comment again under Natasha’s post on Uber, I am amazed to see how
we can start with a specific topic and then go to more fundamental questions, such
as the potentially controversial price of innovation and the responsibility of
companies.
With my discussion with Julia following her post on Netflix, I have realized the power of our debate
and how our interaction had brought us different perspectives that pushed our
critical thinking.
![]() |
| My e-evolution, infographic created by the author |
ONLINE JOANNE
Looking retrospectively,
I can see how these exercises have challenged my opinions on various topics. I remember with my introductory post how nervous I was with the idea of posting my opinion publicly. However, now I have a better understanding on
how my personal branding but also my father’s business can benefit from my
digital presence.
Moreover, I
have realized throughout the course how important it is to bring supporting
evidence when I want to express a different opinion on a topic and how it helps
me to increase the credibility of my statements.
Now I can
feel that I have a voice, but I am still struggling with the fact that I can’t filter
who is looking at my opinions. I have read how blogging can boost self-esteem, but by looking at the various topics
mentioned by the author, I still find that blogging can be very intrusive. Nevertheless,
as indicated in a research paper on achievement in online courses, “interactivity facilitates
deep learning (understanding) by actively engaging the learner in the learning
process”. I think that developing my blog proved the authors right.
After seven
weeks, I see that I am not completely reconciled with blogging. However, I am
willing to improve my digital networks and feel more prepared in our
continuously changing world.

No comments:
Post a Comment