Wednesday, 8 January 2020

Welcome back!

Here we go again..

Let's get started folks! I am more than ready to rock this new module.


But.. Am I a digital guru?

I don't think so.

By doing a master online, I think I know how to collaborate with others on shared projects (5 on the Digital Literacy Self-test scale). I consider that my online identity is up to date and represents me (4 out of 5), and that thanks to my studies I know how to evaluate information that I found online (4 out of 5). I can create basic videos and edit images (3 out of 5), and know how to protect my privacy, by limiting the information I share online. But I am convinced that with my smartphone I transmit much more data than I think (3 out of 5). I participate in online communities, but I read way more than I post (3 out of 5). I am not very active at building online networks, even though I am passionate in various areas (2out of 5).

In the digital visitors-residents framework, I am definitely a resident; I am studying, collaborating, and learning from people I have never met offline! 

But I am not always comfortable sharing my persona in "public" online spaces. You never know how and how far your opinion can be interpreted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment