Here we are. It’s already the end of the digital marketing module. But what will I be taking forward beyond these seven weeks into my future learning and professional development? Let’s have a look.
How have my scores evolved?
I completed for the second time the digital literacy test (following my introductory post here), and the results are pretty surprising. At
the beginning of the module, I thought that my scores would increase.
Ironically, it’s the opposite that happened. It’s not that I did not
learn anything through the seven weeks, quite the contrary, it was so
enriching that I realised how limited my knowledge was concerning the
immensity of digital marketing opportunities.
![]() |
| Created by the author on piktochart |
First,
the module showed me how technology has evolved, and more importantly,
where it might go in the future. In week 1 already, I became more
critical about how our perception may differ depending on who we are. In
my professional development, I want to be more cautious about my
approach to segmentation. Even though I work in marketing, I learned new
applications thanks to my e-classmates, such as the use of advertising
in video games (Hi César).
Secondly,
even though I think I know how to manage my online identities, I have
identified that I need to nurture my networks more. I may be too passive
(I had an awful experience),
but if I spend more time creating and sharing relevant content based on
which social media I am, I will also be gaining more from these
platforms.
Also,
even though I was already careful, I know now how big the debates
around digitalisation are. I reckon I have the responsibility to protect
myself, but after discussing with my fellow students, I am expecting
more measures from governments. The importance of data protection is
crucial, as argued in Charlotte’s and César’s
posts. In week 4, I did mention that the challenge of big data is even
bigger than I thought. I know that I have also to ask myself more about
how I use the data I collect in my job (with contest flyers, for
example). Moreover, I have also decided to integrate more storytelling
in my future campaign. I have an event in a few weeks with dinosaurs; I
am going to reword my program to appeal more to emotions.
Before
taking part of this module, I thought that I was familiar with the
production of online content. But with the opportunities offered by
artificial intelligence, I realised that there is so much more than
creating nice images for my marketing campaigns (we raised interesting
points with Reza regarding chatbot on his blog and mine).
We, human beings, are inventing and programming machines that can go
beyond our capabilities. For good, and for bad. But mainly for good. The
society, companies, and us, as individuals, all have the responsibility
to act ethically and do what is morally right. For me, this is the
biggest take-away of this module. The opportunities offered in digital
marketing are enormous; we should exploit them, but always in a mindful
way.
Thank you all,
Joanne


No comments:
Post a Comment